I read the following post and it inspired me to do the same.
Besides, these are usually fun, even if they do take me a long time to write out.
1. What would be harder for you, to tell someone you love them or that you do not love them back?
Probably to tell someone that I don’t love them. It happened once and she said ‘I can’t believe that" I can’t live with someone who doesn’t love me".
2. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on?
My music, though if I didn’t compose another note, I’d have enough to release for years to come, depending on how much was put out annually.
3. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?
If I could remember how to do it, yes. I had to take CPR when we were thinking of adopting a child years ago, another backstory in the backlog of entries to post.
4. What makes you bored?
folding laundry and watching some kids TV shows
5. Which is your favorite four legged creature and why?
Cats. they’re so independent and mysterious.
6. Do you like spicy food and why?
yes and I don’t know why. I went to this Thai place once and I told them to kick the spices up a notch and that wasn’t a good choice. lol.
7. Are you old fashioned?
I’d say absolutely not. I’m in an open marriage and have a friend with benefits and that isn’t something that I’ve talked a lot about. got to make coffee for the wife, be back in 5 minutes. Here’s something to listen to in the meantime.
8. Something or someone you miss the most from childhood?
Nothing comes to mind really. Maybe my old house that we lived in when we first moved to Florida. We got a 4th bedroom added on and then an in ground pool shortly thereafter and I remember wiring up my stereo in that room for quadraphonic sound, well, 4 speakers anyway, to make it true quadrophonic, I’d need special equipment that we probably couldn’t afford back then.
9. Are you usually late, early or right on time?
time is relative so there isn’t a late or early. If the meeting starts at 3 and not everyone is there and you are, you’re early. That’s what I tell myself anyway.
10. Are you happy with your life for the most part right now?
probably not, though some people have accepted that I’m not a happy person by nature. When we were kids, my big brother once commented "You never smile".
11. You can have one of the follow two things: trust / love?
I’d take trust for sure.
12. Tell me about your favorite book, magazine, or comic?
I can give you a short list of some of my favorite books I’ve read over the years.
Consent to Kill by Vince Flynn, Winter Prey by John Sandford, Hideaway by Dean Koontz and the Dark Half by Stephen King.
13. Tell me about someone you envy?
My friend Metadronos from Poland, a brilliant dark ambient artist.
14. Tell me about something you’ve achieved?
I guess being an ambient musician and people who know me personally say that I’m a good father to my kids, oh, and I went skydiving twice.
15. [TRIGGER WARNING] Tell me about the worst punishment you had when you were a child?
I was at boarding school and I can’t remember what I did but the houseparent took away my radio for a week. It actually made me cry.
My parents used to send me to my room and I wouldn’t care about that because I had my music but those houseparent’s, they knew how to be mean.
16. Do you like chocolate?
17. Do you like rainy days or snowy winter days more?
Snowy winter days, though I suspect that if I could drive, I probably wouldn’t like either.
18. Name 3 things in nature you find most beautiful?
the sound of crickets, the crunchy feel of snow when walking through it and the smell of the crisp autumn air.
19. Which are your 2 favorite careers and why?
I don’t have a career and there are days, even weeks when I don’t like the job I currently have so I really can’t answer this question.
20. What is the hardest thing you ever had to do?
come to realize that a very intense online relationship had ended. friends who know me, if you were to ask them about it, they would tell you that it really threw me for a loop and I was a wreck for a long time. Here we go, another teaser for another backstory for another blog entry. this is like being at the movies when they play all the trailers isn’t it?
21. When was the last time you lied and to whom and why?
I don’t remember really.
22. Tell me about something you really regret.
Being in some relationships where I gave too many mixed signals and things fell apart.
23. What scares you the most and why?
feel like I’m being chased when I walk through parts of my house. I’ve always had this apprehension even as a child, I’d be walking along somewhere, even during the day when it was quiet and I’d have the feeling that I was being followed or chased but I’d never ever run because that would mean that whatever was chasing me would catch me. It’s really strange and I don’t know why it happens.
24. What do you do in your free time?
25. Which is your favorite part of the human face and why?
I don’t have one but I have a stereotypical male response to the next question. lol.
26. Which is your favorite body part of the human body and why?
The breast, okay, stop jeering and put down that bottle that you want to fling at my head for being a typical male. lol.
27. Tell me about a mistake you made.
When I put a post on Facebook that produced some unintended consequences.
28. If you could do anything or wish for anything that would come true, what would you wish?
That I could see the stars. I remember when I told the wife that when we met she said "That’s pretty selfish, why not wish for an end to world hunger or something like that"?
29. What’s your middle name?
Kenneth. When I was born, my mom wanted that to be my first name or maybe it was my dad, I can’t remember exactly. Anyway, one of them didn’t want a junior so the other just put it in the middle.
30. How big is your bed?
I believe it’s a king size.
31. What music are you listening to right now?
nothing, I like it quiet when I’m blogging and drinking coffee, at least today.
32. What are the last 4 digits in your cellphone number?
they change from hour to hour just like the codes on the launch button for our nuclear missiles. Maybe that’s why I don’t get any phone calls. lol.
33. What was the last thing you ate?
pizza and there are leftovers.
34. Tell me about your favorite music / song / band.
That’s a hard one since there are so many so how about another list?
Rainy Taxi by Porcupine Tree
white eagle by Tangerine Dream
Riding Heavens Wave by Suzanne Ciani
The keeper of the old Forest by Gandalf
35. Tell me something you would happily do again.
excluding sexual acts, I’d probably go skydiving again.
36. Name your 5 favorite books?
see whatever number the previous question was but what the hell, here’s a different list.
The chamber by John Grisham also an excellent movie, highly recommended
The hot zone by Richard Preston, horrible movie called outbreak, don’t bother
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck, that movie sucked by the way
The chocolate wars, can’t remember who the author is
The odyssey by Homer
37. Good questions to ask people to know them more?
This is a good list as it is.
38. Do you like to shop?
absolutely not, hell no, fuck that shit.
39. How often do you go online?
you mean there’s an offline reality?
40. Tell me about someone you really admire.
another great ambient artist named Steve Roach
I had the pleasure of interviewing him a couple of years ago.